Friday, March 10, 2017

Abstract Blooms Inspired Art


“We have to continually be jumping 
off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” 


Ever since I began creating nearly 10 years ago my whole world has expanded. From my Art friends on Facebook to women whom I've met face to face at Art Retreats...I feel so BLESSED to be a part of the Creative Community! 

I have several Artists whom have inspired me through the years...Kelly Rae Roberts, Melody Ross and Dina Wakley. Each one of these women (mostly without them knowing) have encouraged me to keep on making messes and bare my Soul through my Art.

The next six weeks I will be sharing FIVE projects each week using one of my favorite Artists products...Dina Wakley's latest Stamp Sets from Creativation. Along with her stamps I will be using her paints, stencils and her latest Mixed-Media Journal. It is AMAZING!!!

This week's Set is called "Abstract Blooms" 


This page was made in her journal on the heavy duty mixed-media paper. It also features several of her older stamps along with BLOOM from "Abstract Blooms". 


The lime green washi tape is one I created 

This set is so versatile...
The circles are from the Bloom set just with the leaves cut off.



This sweet 6x6 canvas reminds me to keep taking chances!!

I LOVE to create tags...Ranger's #8 tags are the PERFECT size...



If you look on the left side of the tag you will see Dina's Media Tape and more Blooms stamps!! Those girls are the new Paper Dolls from Tim Holtz!!

As soon as I saw this sweet little Bloom 
I knew it belonged on a 4x4 canvas.

These gorgeous colors are from Dina's Paints...they are SO SMOOTH!!!


 This will be going to a friend!!

And finally today another tag...
Here I used lots of Dylusion Sprays, Dina's Fractured Circles Stencil and more Blooms inspiration!!

 

Watch how I created all of these projects in my Weekly YouTube Video Series..."Creating Dina Inspired Art"...



Thank you for stopping by!!

Join my Facebook Community

2 comments:

  1. I especially enjoyed your use of teal and green in the one piece. And the quote was phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is amazing! What wonderful projects you've created, Leslie. I love that you said you rarely go into a project with an idea. That is truly motivational and something I need to do so that I stop holding back, thinking I need to have everything set out ahead of time. Thank you for sharing this with us all. ❤

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!